Steam, oil, and gas boilers are a great option for providing central heating in your home or business during the winter. At Degrace Plumbing, we can help you with any boiler repair service, replacement and installation. We service gas and oil boilers, steam boilers, steam boiler pipe systems, and more. Whether you need minor repairs quickly for a water leak or noisy steam pipes, or boiler replacement with a brand new system when your old one is worn out, our experienced boiler service contractors are always available for quality service and professional advice.
Boiler Repair Service
Like any HVAC system, boilers can occasionally develop problems ranging from minor inconveniences, to issues that prevent the entire system from working properly. Our contractors have years of professional experience fixing the common problems that boilers are likely to develop over time. Most homeowners need boiler repair service every couple of years for one or more of the following issues:
- Noisy steam pipes. Loud banging and knocking noises are a common problem with steam boiler pipes. Usually, excessive noise indicates that some areas of pipe may be bent, sagging, or oriented at the wrong angle, causing liquid water to pool inside them.
- Steam pipe corrosion. Old metal steam pipes can gradually wear away from rust and water exposure, meaning they will probably need to be replaced during boiler repair.
- Faulty ignition or pilot lights. Like other gas-powered HVAC appliances, gas boilers can develop ignition problems that may require professional boiler repair.
- Oil leakage. Oil-fired boilers can leak out small amounts of oil, usually noticeable around the base of the boiler.
- Water leakage. Steam boilers and steam boiler pipes can develop cracks and holes that allow water to leak out, often pooling on the floor in the immediate area.
- Rapid cycling. All types of boilers can suffer from short cycling, meaning they waste energy by turning themselves on and off too often. In some cases, it could mean your boiler is oversized relative to your home, and boiler replacement could actually be a worthwhile option.
Boiler Installation & Replacement
If your boiler is too old or too damaged to repair, you may need boiler replacement service instead. Despite the initial expense, boiler replacement can actually save you hundreds of dollars. You can avoid the need for frequent boiler repairs, since a brand new boiler will function correctly and won’t develop problems for years to come. You can also increase your home’s overall energy efficiency. Recent changes in legislation, along with new advancements in boiler technology, have made new models much more efficient than ever before. A high-end modern boiler can have an AFUE (annual fuel usage efficiency) rating up to 98%, and even economy models average 80% or more. At Degrace Plumbing, we can help you find the perfect boiler to meet your needs, balancing running costs, up-front price, energy efficiency, and noise levels.
To find out more about our boiler services in Kearny and nearby regions of New Jersey, call us today at Degrace Plumbing, at 201-786-2538.