Need water heater repair or water heater replacement in NJ?
Call us any time at Degrace Plumbing for 24-hour emergency repair service from experienced local plumbers: 201-786-2538
Is your shower running cold? Household water heaters can break down due to faulty or malfunctioning parts, electrical or gas supply issues, pilot light problems, and other electrical and mechanical problems. It can be difficult to figure out what’s wrong, and you’ll need an experienced plumber to troubleshoot the appliance and provide professional water heater repair service.
But is water heater repair the right choice? If your water heater is very old, or the damage is very severe, it may be impossible to fix. Even if it can technically be repaired, water heater replacement might actually be a more economical decision in the long term.
At Degrace Plumbing, we provide reliable, high quality plumbing and water heater services, including:
- Water heater repair
- Water heater replacement
- Commercial water heater services
- Instant hot water heater installation
call today for BEST PRICE AND SERVICE in New Jersey. Call us any time for same-day service from experienced local contractors, including 24-hour emergency repairs, at 201-786-2538.
Fixing Problems with Professional Water Heater Repair
In most cases, if your water heater isn’t working, there’s a water heater repair solution. Plumbers can troubleshoot and identify the source of the problem, and it’s often something minor and fixable. Some of the most common things that cause homeowners to call a plumber to fix their water heater include:
- No hot water. If something is wrong with your water heater, the water can run cold. This can result from faulty internal mechanical or electrical components, or from plumbing problems that cause cold water to mix in with the hot water.
- Leaking pipes or storage tanks. If water is pooling near the water heater, it probably has a leak. Leaks in the tank itself generally result from serious corrosion, and you may need to replace the water heater completely. Leaks from nearby pipes or a leaking temperature and pressure release valve can be fixed by a plumber.
- Popping or cracking noises. These sounds from the water heater indicate that the water inside is hot enough to come to a boil, which isn’t supposed to happen. This is usually due to sediment buildup inside the tank, especially in areas with particularly hard water. A plumber will need to clean the sediment out of the tank, which should fix the problem.
- Hot water that smells “off.” Unpleasant odors in the hot water are usually a sign of bacterial growth inside the tank. Sulfur and other compounds excreted by the bacteria are responsible for the smells. The water heater will need to be cleaned out thoroughly and disinfected.
Most of the time, when you call a local plumber for water heater repair service, they’ll be able to fix the problem. However, there are issues that either can’t be fixed, or aren’t worth fixing. In those cases, water heater replacement might be a better option.
Water heater replacement might be needed if your water heater has damage that isn’t easy or cost-effective to repair. In most cases, the reason for water heater replacement is the age of the appliance. A typical water heater can last anywhere from 10-15 years, but its service life is ultimately limited.
A decade of more of regular use, along with routine wear and tear, will eventually take its toll on your water heater.
Replacing your water heater isn’t cheap, but it can actually be more cost-effective than water heater repairs in some cases. An old, failing water heater might be able to be repaired, but it will quickly break down again. Old water heaters have also lost much of their original energy efficiency, meaning that they actually cost more to run than they used to.
Whether you have a gas water heater or an electric water heater, you’ll see a difference in your monthly bills after you replace your aging water heater.
Water Heater Service Contractors in NJ
Need water heater repair or water heater replacement in New Jersey? Call us any time at Degrace Plumbing for quality water heater services in NJ.
We are experienced, certified, and licensed local plumbers based in Bergen County. We’re always available for same-day water heater repair service, including 24-hour emergency repairs. Call now for service today, at 201-786-2538.