Unlike conventional electric and gas water heaters, which hold hot water in a large tank, tankless water heaters heat water as you’re using it, providing a continuous supply of hot water for showering, cleaning, and other applications.
This type of water heater is remarkably energy efficient, as well as convenient.
They actually eliminate the common problem of running out of hot water, which can be an advantage for many people.
If you’re looking for a new water heater, tankless models are definitely worth considering. If you’re looking for water heater installation in Englewood, New Jersey, including tankless models, give us a call today at Degrace Plumbing and heating.
Considering a Tankless Water Heater in NJ
Tankless water heaters aren’t necessarily ideal for everyone, but in many cases, they’re a suitable alternative to models that have a water tank.
Some of the key advantages over other types of water heater installation include:
- Never running out of hot water. Because most water heaters store the hot water in a holding tank, the supply of hot water eventually runs out, and needs to be replenished. This can result in your shower suddenly running cold. Tankless water heaters eliminate this problem entirely, providing an endless supply of continually heated water.
- Energy savings. Water heaters with tanks must keep the water heated while it’s not in use. This requires energy, especially since heat loss through the tank needs to be counteracted. Tankless water heaters only heat water while in use, making them more energy efficient.
- Compact size. Many apartments, mobile homes, and other small living spaces don’t necessarily have the space to accommodate a large water heater tank. Tankless models are considerably more compact, making them a great choice when space is limited.
- Cleaner water. Water inside of a tank can become contaminated with rust, bacteria, and other materials. Tankless water heaters don’t have this problem.
- Long lifespan. Tankless water heaters last up to five years longer than their counterparts with tanks, so you won’t have to worry about replacement for up to twenty years.
Although tankless water heaters are remarkably efficient, both in the amount of space they take up and the amount of energy they use, they do have a couple of drawbacks:
- Not as effective for large volumes and simultaneous use. Tankless water heater installation isn’t always the best choice for larger households. Although they heat water efficiently, and don’t run out of hot water like a heater with a tank, they can struggle to meet volume demands if you have multiple people using the hot water at the same time.
- Higher installation cost. Although long-term energy savings can make it worthwhile and economical, tankless water heaters do cost more to install than conventional models.
Tankless water heaters are a compact, efficient solution to providing hot water without the need for a large water tank.
To find out more about water heater installation in Englewood, NJ, including tankless models, give us a call today at Degrace North arlington plumbing services.