Call now for a FREE cost estimate: 201-786-2538
Need a professional plumber for water heater installation in NJ?
Most homeowners in New Jersey will need to deal with water heater replacement at least a couple of times. The average water heater lasts for about 10-15 years, although some high-end tankless water heaters can last up to 20 years.
Eventually, advanced age and ongoing wear and tear will cause an old water heater to fail. Even if it’s still working, it’s lost much of its original energy efficiency.
Whether you need water heater replacement for an old, broken water heater, or water heater installation for a newly constructed property, there are quite a few brands, types, and models out there for you to choose from.
Most manufacturers offer a variety of water heaters, often grouped into product lines aimed at a particular price point. From modest budget-friendly water heaters, to highly efficient high-end models, there’s a lot of variety out there.
At Degrace Plumbing, we help local homeowners and businesses find the best new water heater to meet their needs. Call us any time for a free cost estimate for water heater installation in NJ, at 201-786-2538.
Your Water Heater Installation Options
There are a few different types of water heaters available today, including both traditional and tankless models. There are several decisions you’ll need to make when choosing your new water heater.
Tank vs Tankless
The majority of household consumer water heaters have a conventional tank. This tank continually holds a supply of heated water. Some of the benefits of conventional tanks include:
- Economy. Conventional water heaters are the most economical choice, and tend to be less expensive to install than tankless or hybrid water heaters.
- Capacity. You’ll want to choose a water heater that’s the right size for your household. Capacities generally range from 20-80 gallons.
- Efficiency. Conventional water heaters can vary considerably in their efficiency, with high-end models generally offering superior efficiency ratings to budget models.
Tankless water heaters eliminate the storage tank. Instead, they use either a gas burner or an electric heating element to heat up the water as it passes through it. Some considerations for tankless water heater installation include:
- Up-front investment. Tankless water heaters require a greater up-front investment, as they cost more than conventional water heaters.
- Saving space. Tankless water heaters are quite compact compared to conventional models, making them a good choice for small spaces with limited square footage.
- Efficiency. Installing a tankless water heater to replace a conventional one can reduce your household energy consumption by up to 30%.
- Capacity. Tankless water heaters can run out of hot water during heavy usage.
Finding the Perfect Water Heater
When you’re shopping around for new water heater installation, you’ll want to take the following factors into consideration:
- Fuel. Fuel cost and local fuel availability will determine whether an electric water heater or a gas water heater makes the most sense. There are also lesser-known alternatives, like solar energy or geothermal energy, whose availability can differ depending on where you’re located. For example, geothermal energy is not really available in New Jersey.
- Size. You need a water heater that’s the right size for your household. A couple living in a small condo will need a smaller water heater than a family of six who live in a 4,000 square foot suburban home. Sizing is determined by flow rates, the number of hot water devices you expect to use at one time, temperature rise, and other factors.
- Energy efficiency. Efficient water heaters aren’t just better for the environment– they also save you money on electricity or natural gas. Higher-end water heaters tend to have superior energy efficiency ratings. Despite their higher up-front cost, this can decrease the cost of heating water in the long term.
- Cost. Pricier water heaters are generally more energy-efficient, and will come with a higher quality of construction than very cheap models.
Local Water Heater Installation Contractors in NJ
Need help figuring out which new water heater to choose? At Degrace Plumbing, our local water heater installation contractors can provide you with a FREE consultation and cost estimate for water heater installation.
We’ll help you determine the right sizing, the best energy source, and the best make and model to fit your needs. Call us any time at 201-786-2538.