Household plumbing systems are something it’s easy to take for granted in 21st century Mendham Township, New Jersey.
Running water has been one of the greatest technological developments in all of world history, providing people with a continuous supply of clean, potable water for drinking, cleaning, cooking, and more.
Although most people don’t think much about their plumbing, it’s actually a surprisingly intricate and complex system.
Like many complex systems, there are many points in your plumbing and water system where something could potentially go wrong. Leaky or frozen pipes, blocked sewer lines, and clogged drains are only a few of the common issues that local homeowners routinely encounter in their day to day lives. Most people don’t know much about plumbing, unless they work with it for a living.
As such, it’s usually the best option to call a professional to fix any problem that you might be having. If you’re dealing with plumbing problems, give us a call today at Degrace Plumbing for plumbing repair in Mendham Township, NJ, including 24/7 emergency repairs.
Common Reasons for Plumbing Repair in NJ
Despite the surprisingly large number of things that can potentially go wrong, there are a few major issues that are the most common reasons that Mendham Township homeowners call us for plumbing repairs. Some of the issues we see most often include:
- Leaking pipes. A dripping pipe under your bathroom sink can be easy to spot, but in many cases, leaking pipes are hidden behind walls and ceilings. These can gradually leak water over a long period of time, making themselves known when homeowners start to notice unpleasant smells, mold growth, discolored walls and ceilings, or damage to their paint and wallpaper. Even minor leaks should be repaired as soon as they’re recognized, since they can cause potentially costly water damage to your home and belongings.
- Frozen pipes. During the winter in New Jersey, temperatures routinely drop below freezing, especially at night. This can cause water that’s sitting in your pipes to freeze into ice. Since water expands as it freezes, this can cause the pipes to crack or burst.
- Clogged or broken sewer lines. The sewer main line can develop cracks or leaks, and can also become obstructed by roots, sediment, and other debris. Over time, this causes wastewater to back up into your pipes and drains, causing constant clogs and other problems.
- Low water pressure. Water pressure can become much lower than normal, with water merely trickling out of your sinks and shower heads. This can happen due to sediment buildup inside of pipes, which narrows the diameter of the area through which water can flow. It can also be a symptom of a problem with the sewer main.
- Water heater problems. Insufficient hot water, unusually long waits for the water to heat up again, and other issues are common reasons for plumbing repair calls. This is sometimes an issue with the plumbing pipes, with hot and cold water mixing together. It can also be an electrical or mechanical issue with the water heater itself.
If you’re dealing with any of these common household plumbing problems, it’s unwise to wait too long for repairs. If left unattended, these problems can easily get worse over time. For fast, friendly sewer and drain cleaning, water heater repair, and plumbing repair in Mendham Township, New Jersey, give us a call today at Degrace Plumbing, at 201-786-2538.